This post is a shameless plug for an organization and cause that I care deeply about—preventing child abuse and neglect. For the first time ever, you can personally join The Child Welfare League of America (CWLA). CWLA is the most powerful national coalition of child and family-serving organizations and leaders.
Why is CWLA and their work so important?
Consider the data below and hopefully you will share my concern and commitment to stop and prevent child abuse and neglect.
- On any given day, there are approximately 424,000 children in out-of-home care in the United States.
- During the last year about 680,000 children spent some time in out-of-home care in the United States.
- 1,200 children enter foster care each day remaining there on average for more than two years.
- The average length of stay in continuous foster care is three years.
JOIN CWLA TODAY! For just $25 a year, social work students; foster, adoptive, and kinship parents can personally support CWLA’s mission and vision to make children and families a national priority. For just a few dollars more ($95), social workers, frontline staff, teachers, counselors, retirees and anyone else who works with and/or cares about children and families can join the organization for child and family-serving experts. Premium members pay $175 per year and receive a subscription to Child Welfare.
Individual membership to CWLA shows you directly support their efforts to build brighter futures for children.
As a CWLA member you’ll receive regular, electronic policy and practice updates. We’ll also give you an online subscription to our award-winning magazine, Children’s Voice.
You will also receive:
- A subscription to our bi-monthly e-newsletter, Member Connect
- Access to employment opportunities in our online career center
- Inclusion in our online member directory
- Reduced registration rates at CWLA conferences and other events
- Discounts on CWLA books and gifts
Individual members save money! Attend the CWLA annual conference April 14-17, 2013 and your membership will immediately pay for itself.
Want an annual subscription to Child Welfare, the only peer-reviewed journal devoted solely to the welfare of children? Become a premium individual member.
Don’t want to join CWLA? You can make a contribution to support their important work! Click here to make a donation and send what you can to help CWLA continue to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and youth.
Be a part of the solution and prevent child abuse and neglect!